Monday, May 31, 2010

Favorites

Since this blog is actually my feeble attempt at documenting Daniel growing up- yes, that's right I'm no Martha Stewart Scrapbooker- I thought I'd record some of Daniel's favorites at age two.

First, here are his recent stats courtesy of his two year old checkup:
Weight- 23 pounds
Height- 32 inches (almost catching up to me!)
Head Circumference- Hmmm, I can't remember.
As usual, Daniel is just barely on the height and weight chart. No worries for us though, Brian likes to point out that most of the world's most talented surfers are small.

Some of Daniel's favorites:
Daniel LOVES anything having to do with transportation- cars, trains, planes, and boats. He enjoys eating homemade waffles for breakfast and likes to help stir the batter. His favorite foods are always changing, but in general he is a big fan of fruit and pasta. He loves to wrestle with us on our bed and hide under the covers. Daniel also loves the beach (did he really have a choice with us as his parents?) At night he sleeps with his construction truck blanket that Granny made him and his Elmo doll from Grandma and Grandpa. Daniel sometimes sleeps the whole night in his crib but often he joins us in our bed halfway through the night, hence our recent upgrade to a king size bed! He loves to snuggle with us and is very affectionate. He still uses a pacifier but just for naps and bedtime. Daniel loves being read to and has favorite books he wants to hear over and over again. I will admit that Brian and I are guilty of hiding the books that we are tired of reading to him.  Daniel loves to dance to music and listen to his favorite songs in the car. Best of all, Daniel is a truly joyful and happy child and he loves to laugh. Even though I attribute the five gray hairs I recently had to pluck to parenting a toddler, I love being Daniel's mom.

Daniel relaxing while he watches his favorite movie, Disney Pixar's "Cars." Brian and I have without a doubt seen this movie more times than any other.

Enjoying a smoothie made especially for him by Dad.

The artist.

Using his tape measure (just like Dad) to hang some new frames.  Daniel wants to be just like Brian and he imitates everything he does.

3 comments:

Brian said...

dang those last two are adorable

Hilary said...

OMG, Lily weighs 19 pounds!! I love the frame hanging picture.

Annie Gupta said...

I love these pictures of Daniel!