Saturday, July 18, 2009

We love you, Grandma!








My Grandma passed away at the age of 93 about a month before Daniel was born. She was born on the 4th of July and the holiday always makes me think of her. Last year, the Kemmerer family had planned to get together at my parent's during the July 4th weekend to celebrate Grandma's life. Because of the situation with the Gap fire, we had to reschedule the celebration for this year. Everyone brought food that Grandma liked to make from their childhood. The day was filled with eating (of course), catching up, playing for the kids, and Grandma trivia and stories about the good ol' days in Allentown and Promised Land Pennsylvania. I was having so much fun that I of course, forgot to take photos of most of the family-sorry guys!

Daniel loved hanging out with my cousin's kids. He and Ruby were entertained by standing around the bucket of ice cold drinks. Daniel couldn't reach in, so Ruby would do it for him and give him ice to eat. What great teamwork!

Oh-and I swear I didn't dress Daniel up like that doll! He was already dressed when my cousin Cris showed up with a doll that was the "mini-Daniel". The doll even had bright blue eyes! I'm not sure whether the photo of Daniel and the doll is cute or borderline creepy.

No comments: