Friday, July 31, 2009

K-Wed







Last week I traveled to Colorado with my college roommate Cory to attend the wedding of another college roommate, Katie. It was my first time away from Daniel and I had a blast- although I missed him terribly. Since Brian can't take time off from work during the summer (Boo!) he held down the fort at home and my parents took over "Daniel Duty." Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had a blast- Daniel loved all the attention from his grandma and grandpa. They even got him his own swimming pool to play with in their backyard.

This was my first trip to Colorado. I always thought that Colorado seemed like an awesome place to live and it exceeded my expectations. It was so beautiful and I loved the outdoorsy lifestyle. Cory and I spent the first night in Boulder- which I loved. Then we headed up to the mountains to Snow Mountain Ranch, where Katie and Kevin's wedding was held. Snow Mountain Ranch is a huge YMCA camp and the scenery is incredible. I have plans to return someday for a family vacation with Brian and Daniel.

Katie was a gorgeous bride and the wedding was absolutely incredible. I am so happy she and Kevin have found each other. The day following the wedding, Cory and I got to hang out with the Gersbach family and even took the ski lift in Winter Park to ride a giant alpine slide.

It had been such a long time since all of us from college had gotten together and it made me miss the girls so much. Hopefully, it won't be as long until the next time we get together. When I got home I couldn't stop raving about how much I loved Colorado, but I think it's a safe bet that unless the Pacific Ocean suddenly ends up in Colorado's backyard, the Switzer ohana won't be relocating anytime soon!

No comments: