Sunday, July 25, 2010

Seven Years

Brian surprised me a few days before our 7 year wedding anniversary and took me out to dinner at The Boathouse. When we arrived, the manager (who is a friend of ours) greeted us with champagne and then whisked away our menus and told us that the restaurant had already selected all the courses and wine parings especially for us that evening. We ended up enjoying four different appetizers, two entrees and dessert! We spent over three hours enjoying the food, the drinks, the view and each other. Even the local dolphins joined in the celebration and entertained us with fantastic jumps out in the ocean.

This was such a huge surprise and special treat for me! Brian and I don't usually celebrate big on our anniversary- in fact, our one year anniversary we spent painting our bedroom. We definitely don't usually go out for long meals, I guess you could say we are more of the "hey let's grab a burrito!" couple. It was incredible- thanks, Bri for making it happen!

The only downside was that we had to wake up early the next morning so Brian could get back to the beach to work at 7:00 am and I could make triathlon practice at 7:30. But it was still definitely worth it!! I have to admit I am certainly not opposed to bucking tradition and celebrating our anniversary big from now on.


We were welcomed with a special anniversary card from the restaurant.
 I should have taken photos of all the courses that evening- the one shot I did manage to get was of our delicious dessert accompanied by chocolate martinis!

2 comments:

Jeff and Val said...

What a special treat! I can't believe its been 7 years! Time sure does fly by!

The Switzer Ohana said...

I know, can you believe that it's going to be your 2 year next month?